When a pipe bursts in your home, you have a limited amount of time to get it fixed before your home is exposed to significant water damage. These issues are often sudden and unexpected, which is why knowing a 24-hour plumbing like Rooter MD Plumbing LLC is valuable.
Livonia, MI homeowners have trusted us with their burst pipe repair services since 1981. We work fast, making sure your burst pipe is fixed as quickly and effectively as possible in order to reduce damage and costs associated with the service.
Download our latest coupons and save instantly on your next plumbing service.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
Burst pipes can happen in any home of any age, which is what makes them most unpredictable. There are many issues that can contribute to a burst pipe. Some of the most common include:
Corrosion: Using a chemical DIY drain cleaning products can result in corrosion inside the pipe. This creates weak spots that are prone to rupture unexpectedly.
Pressure Buildup: Clogged drains and toilets that are left for too long can also cause a pipe to burst. The pressure building up behind these blockages will eventually become too much for the pipe to handle, resulting in a rupture.
Freezing Temperatures: When the pipes freeze, the water inside turns to ice and expands. This puts immense pressure on the inner pipe wall, which will eventually rupture.
Professional Tips to Prevent Burst Pipes
Are you looking for how to prevent pipes from bursting? Although having access to a 24-hour burst pipe repair plumber is convenient and nice to know, burst pipes are still a huge inconvenience to homeowners, causing significant damage that is often difficult to clean and repair. The best thing for Livonia homeowners is to be mindful when it comes to the pipes. Preventing burst pipes from happening in the first place is your best option. Some of our professional tips for preventing burst pipes include:
- Insulate your pipes from the cold with foam insulation. This can be purchased at any hardware store.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in the wall, which may let in cold air from outside. Do everything you can to limit the exposure to cold.
- If you are going away for an extended period of time, turn off your main water line.
- Never use chemical drain cleaning products.
- Instead, invest in professional drain cleaning services on an annual basis.
- Make sure all clogged drains and toilets are repaired in a timely fashion to prevent the buildup of pressure in the pipe.
Want to find out what to expect when you work with us? Read reviews from real customers who have worked with us in the past to find out more.